- Intellectual property theft leads to more than just counterfeits, says IPR study
Intellectual property theft is a tool used not only by some foreign nations to gain intelligence and economic might, but apparently it also funds terrorist organizations, according to a study released by the National Intellectual Property Rights Coordination Center.
- Students to register their Inventions with Intellectual Property Organisation
Islamabad: Inventors had played vital role to boost the economy by exploring fresh and innovated ideas. IPO-Pakistan would become a source of encouragement for those who had been engaged in creative activities by extending registration facilities to determine the ownership of their patents.
- Small businesses urged to invest in intellectual property
Thousands of UK SMEs have untapped intellectual property (IP) assets available to them, according to Jonathan Cornthwaite, Intellectual Property Partner at city law firm Wedlake Bell.
- EU Court, EBay should protect Trademarks better
Internet auction marketplace eBay may have to take more responsibility over what is sold via its website or it could be sued for trademark abuse, Europe's top court ruled on Tuesday.
- Fair business practice: Anti-piracy culture to be introduced
Chairman of the Intellectual Property Organisation(IPO)-Pakistan Hameedullah Jan Afridi has said that a new culture of IP rights protection would be introduced to curb piracy.
- Lawyers key stakeholders of IPO to make it role model
Chairman Intellectual Property Organisation (IPO) Hameedullah Jan Afridi, MNA has said that IPO-Pakistan is being structured on strong footings to make this organisation a role model.
- Fee for IP Applications (Trademarks, Patents, Copyrights) has been Restructured and Implemented w.e.f. June 4, 2011 in Pakistan
All the applicants and attorneys are hereby informed that Fee for IP applications i.e. Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights, has been restructured and notified in the Gazette of Pakistan and shall be applicable w.e.f. June 4, 2011.
- Trade mark and copyright crime targeted in new training project
The UK IP Office and Crown Prosecution Service have joined forces to give prosecutors in England and Wales a new tool to help them tackle intellectual property crime.
- Acceptability of Trade Mark Journal in Digital Form
All the applicants, Attorneys and General Public are hereby informed that Trade Mark Rules 2004 has been amended to give legal effect to the Digital Form of the Trade Mark Journal available on the website of IPO-Pakistan.
- Seminar on eliminating the menace of counterfeit products
Helpline Trust and Ali Associates organized a seminar on Reshaping Pakistan's Industry - "Eliminating the Menace of Counterfeit Products', at a local hotel.
- Intellectual property rights: Chief Justice calls for creating awareness among masses
Chief Justice of Pakistan, Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry on Saturday called for creating awareness among masses to protect the intellectual property rights (IPRs) in the country, saying Constitution of Pakistan guarantees the IPRs.
- Ali Kabir Shah - New Chairman of the IP Commission of ICC Pakistan
- lbne Safi - Aik Makalma - A Seminar on Ibne Safi at Arts Council of Pakistan
Arts Council of Pakistan in association with Ali & Associates, arranged a seminar on the legendary writer Ibne Safi. Ms. Shehla Raza, Deputy Speaker of Sind Assembly attended the event as the chief guest and prominent writer Shakeel Adilzada presided the program.
- Ali & Associates has been awarded a ‘Best Export Performance Award’ in the category of Services - Intellectual Property at the Golden Jubilee Ceremony of Karachi Chambers of Commerce & Industry.
Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has said that the government will take every step to improve the country s economy. Speaking at the grand event of Export Trophy Award of the country s largest trade body, KCCI, on the eve of the Chamber s Golden Jubilee held at Sindh Governor House.
- Pharma patents - the other side of the story
- Illegal status of Intellectual Property Organisation
- Trade Secret - A new concept in Intellectual Property
- Pakistan least prepared for TRIPS
- Compulsory licensing of life-saving medicines
- Are we ready for Service Marks Registration ?
- Goodbye Shakespeare ... Now name matters alot
- Lost in the maze of Trademark Procedures